UI/UX Designer and Developer
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer/Developer who will be responsible for conceptualizing interface layouts, designing those layouts using appropriate software, and developing the front-end code within various Web platforms (e.g., CMSs, eCommerce systems, etc.). Interface layouts (e.g., websites, Web applications, mobile apps, touch screen displays, etc.) are typically created in wireframing software, such as Adobe XD or Axure. Designs are created from these layouts by using software such as Adobe XD and/or Photoshop.
A strong understanding of both visual design and user experience, including at least basic usability skills, are critical aspects of the layout and design responsibilities of this position. This team member will understand how to incorporate a client’s branding and aesthetic preferences into designs, including working with the clients directly when needed, while also possessing a strong working knowledge of UI/UX best practices, design/interaction patterns, and content organization.
A lower to mid-level understanding of front-end coding technologies, and a willingness and ability to learn at least basic scripting and/or Object-oriented programming (OOP) language skills are critical aspects of the development portion of this position (e.g., using PHP to create front-end page templates in a CMS). Our team can train most of what we need for this skill set. However, this individual is expected to be eager to learn and add these skills relatively quickly.
This position will also act as a technical liaison between the development team and the Digital Marketing team (SEO and Paid Ads), providing technical support for various Digital Marketing team needs (e.g., markup audits for SEO, Google Tag Manager setup and troubleshooting, etc.).
- Conceptualizing creative ideas with clients.
- Translating concepts into layouts (e.g., wireframes/prototypes).
- Creating final designs from layouts.
- Testing and improving the designs, especially based on client and/or user feedback.
- Implementing and/or establishing design guidelines, standards, and best practices.
- Maintaining the appearance of websites, Web applications, and mobile apps by enforcing content standards.
- Designing visual imagery and ensuring it is in line with branding for clients.
- Working with different content management systems, including setup, configuration, maintenance, administration, and front-end template/theme development.
- Communicating design ideas using user flows, process flows, sitemaps, and wireframes.
- Incorporating various features and functionality into websites.
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Build and organize reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimize application’s front-end code for maximum speed and scalability.
- Assure all user input is validated before submitting to the back-end team.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Handle multiple concurrent projects proficiently.
- Use various software to manage tasks, communicate with other team members and clients, accurately track time across all projects, and perform other similar daily tasks.
- Provide technical support to the Digital Marketing team.
- Proficiency in graphic design and prototyping software including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe XD, Axure, and/or other visual design tools.
- Excellent visual design skills.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism from clients, users, and team members.
- Ability to act on constructive criticism to improve the interface accordingly.
- Front-end development Web markup/programming languages such as:
- Required (proficient): HTML5 and CSS/SCSS
- Preferred (mid-level): Experience with Bootstrap and/or Foundation is a plus, including understanding server-side CSS pre-processing platforms (i.e., SASS).
- Good understanding of content management systems (i.e., WordPress).
- At least a basic understanding of search engine optimization principles, including for HTML markup, and ensuring that development will adhere to them.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and troubleshooting ways to resolve them.
- Good understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, SVN, etc.
- Open to new ideas and adaptable and willing to learn new techniques.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- An understanding of Google Tag Manager (or a willingness to learn)
3+ years of experience.
No formal qualifications are necessary.
Our compensation range for this role is between $50,000 - $80,000
- Bonus opportunities
- Work-from-home options
- Healthcare insurance (Employer pays half of employee’s Healthcare)
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Group Life insurance
- Short-term Disability insurance
- Continuing Education Budget
- 12+ days paid holidays (Including a week or more shutdown at the end of the year)
- Paid vacation, sick time, and bereavement time
- Collaborative and team-oriented work environment
- Quarterly Team Outings